Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Quote File: Mignon McLaughlin

Everything I know about Mignon McLaughlin comes from A.Word.A.Day, which, when citing her quotations, says she is a journalist and author, born 1913, died 1983. These are the five quotes in my Quote File, but a quick Google search turns up both more information (look at the names of those sons! True or Wiki?) and more delightful pith.

Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.

True remorse is never just a regret over consequences; it is a regret over motive.

The best work is done with the heart breaking, or overflowing.

The hardest-learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind.

Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer.

4 comments:

  1. "The best work is done with the heart breaking, or overflowing."

    I now have a new signature quote. Thanks.

    Maybe I'll get two turtles instead of just one, so I can name them William Shakespeare and Tupac Shakur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully intend on naming a daughter, Anne Elliot _______.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the quotes were really good but the first 3 were mind-blowing. Good quotes make you think after you have left the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI,
    You quote is really nice I like it thanks for sharing. This is something new I have found...

    ReplyDelete